Updated: 04/07/2012 10:19 AM
By: Chef Karl Stybe, Johnson & Wales University
• 15 (6 inch) corn tortillas
• 2/3 cup chopped green onions
• Spanish Onions. diced macedoine, sauteed 1 each
• Red Pepper, diced macedoine, sauteed 1 each
• 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, may use pepper jack as an option shredded
• 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
• 8 eggs
• 2 cups milk
• 12 ounces Tomatillo Sauce
Back to list
1. Lightly grease a hotel pan. Line the bottom of the dish with 4 tortillas. Sprinkle with 1/3 each of the green onions, Monterey Jack cheese, and Cheddar cheese. Repeat twice with the remaining ingredients, reserve a couple of ounces of each cheese for the last bit of cooking.
2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, and salsa. Pour over the layered ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate if not going to cook immediately.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove plastic if using and top with foil and bake till 160F 30- 40 minutes
4. Uncover and continue to brown and it reaches an internal temperature of 165F
Recipe can also utilize cooked meat and vegetable that are extra.