To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
• 1 1/2 pints vanilla ice cream and 1 cup heavy cream OR 1 quart vanilla ice cream
• 1/4 cup each light and dark brown sugar
• Up to 1 cup powdered sugar for a firmer texture and sweeter product (optional).
• 2 sticks butter (cut in large pieces)
• 2 cinnamon sticks
• pinch allspice and nutmeg
1. Heat gently and stir well until all ingredients are combined.
2. Mix 3/4 cup of mix with 1/4 cup hot water and 1/12 ounces of rum.
3. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Chef’s Note: This recipe makes a large quantity of the base mixture for hot buttered rum. It keeps well and is great to make in a batch for a holiday gathering. The base will keep several weeks in the freezer. All you do to serve is add mix, a bit of water to thin, and the rum.