SERVES: 8 as appetizer
• 8 large jalapeno peppers
• Cream cheese
• Grated cheddar cheese
• 4 slices of bacon
• Smoked paprika (or regular paprika)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and cut each of the jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise and then cut the seeds out. It's a good idea to wear gloves while handling the peppers.
2. Then fill each pepper with cream cheese and then sprinkle the smoked paprika over the top of the cream cheese.
3. Sprinkle some grated cheddar cheese over the top of each one and then gently but firmly wrap each pepper with half a slice of bacon.
4. Once they are all stuffed and wrapped, place them into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and then place it onto the center rack of the preheated oven.
5. They will take somewhere around 30 to 35 minutes to bake and then let them cool down a bit before serving.
HINTS: The poppers can be drained on paper towels while they are still warm before serving.