To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
4 - 6 servings
• Butter - 4 Tbsp.
• Brown Sugar - ½ c.
• Half & Half - ¼ c.
• Bananas, sliced - 4 ea
• Rum - 1 ½ oz
1. Place butter and brown sugar in a sauté pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
2. Add the half & half, and return to the boil.
3. Add the sliced bananas to the pan and return to the boil. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until the bananas are softened.
4. Remove pan from the heat, and pour the rum in one spot in the pan. Light the rum on fire with a lighter or match, and then swirl the pan to distribute the flame throughout the pan. Do not lean over the pan to see if it's on fire! The flame is usually pale blue and very difficult to see in normal lighting. You may want to turn the lights down before adding the rum for greater effect!
5. Allow the flame to burn itself out, and serve the banana sauce over vanilla ice cream.