To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
• 2 tbsp butter
• 2 cups onion, brunoise
• 1/2 cup celery, brunoise
• 1/2 cup carrot, brunoise
• 2 links andouille or other smoked sausage, macedoine
• 3 cups canned crushed tomatoes
• 2 cups long grain rice, washed thoroughly
• 2 cups chicken stock, warm
• 2 ea bay leaf
• 2 tsp granulated sugar
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat sautoir or rondeau over medium head, add butter.
3. Add mirepoix and sausage and cook until onion is translucent.
4. Add rice, saute to coat rice, cook until rice is translucent. Add tomatoes, warm stock, bay leaf, sugar, salt and pepper.
5. Bring to soft boil, reduce to simmer, cover.
6. Place in oven, cook 25 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, remove cover. Fluff with fork. Season appropriately.