To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
• 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
• 1 8-ounce red onion, thinly sliced
• 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 1.5-pound red cabbage, quartered, cored, very thinly sliced
• 3/4 cup thinly sliced dried apricots
• 1/4 cup apricot preserves
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1. Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, allspice and nutmeg and toss 1 minute.
2. Add cabbage and apricots and sauté until well coated, about 2 minutes.
3. Add apricot preserves and vinegar and toss until juices are reduced to glaze and cabbage is crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
HINTS: Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated. Rewarm over medium heat before serving.