To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
• 1 large russet potato, peeled, grated (about 2 cups)
• 2 cups coarsely grated peeled red-skinned sweet potato (yam; from 1 large)
• 1 leek, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise (white and pale green parts only; about 1 1/4 cups)
• 1/4 cup all purpose flour
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 5 tablespoons (about) vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 275°F.
2. Mix first 8 ingredients in large bowl to blend.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat.
4. Working in batches, drop sweet potato mixture by 1/4 cupfuls onto skillet.
5. Using spatula, gently flatten each mound to 3 1/2-inch-diameter round.
6. Cook pancakes until brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
7. Transfer pancakes to baking sheet and place in oven to keep warm.
8. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil to skillet as needed.
9. Transfer pancakes to plates