To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
SERVES: 1 8" square dish
• You will need enough day-old bread, cut into cubes, to fill the dish.
• Dried or fresh fruit, nuts, chocolate pieces, and spice to taste
• 1 ½ cups Half & Half
• ¾ cup Whole eggs
• ¼ cup Sugar
• ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Spray or butter an 8" square glass or metal baking dish.
2. Whisk custard ingredients together until well combined.
3. Mix cubes of bread with other ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Place bread mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread evenly.
4. Pour custard over the bread mixture, make sure that all pieces of bread are soaked in the mixture.
5. Place into a 325F oven and bake until the custard is set in the middle.
6. Allow to cool slightly before serving with ice cream, caramel sauce, or crème anglaise.
HINTS: Almost any type of bread will do, including plain white bread, whole wheat, challah, brioche, or croissants.