Smoked salmon, cream cheese and bagel chip salad
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
• approx. 12 ounces sliced smoked salmon
• 1 small to medium size ripe tomato, cored, halved and cut into thin slices
• 1/2 small to medium size cucumber, halved lengthwise, deseeded and thinly sliced crosswise
• 1/4 - 1/3 small red onion, thinly sliced
• 8 -12 ounces cream cheese
• bagel chips as needed
• fresh sprouts as needed
• extra virgin olive oil for garnish
• black pepper for garnish
1. There are no set amounts for something like this but you'll want to place a thin layer of sliced smoked salmon on each plate and top that with a sprinkling of thinly sliced tomato and thinly sliced, deseeded cucumber.
2. Sprinkle on a little very thinly sliced red onion and add a few good dollops of room temperature cream cheese and place a bagel chip into each dollop of cream cheese.
3. Sprinkle on some fresh sprouts if you're using them, drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over the top and finish with a crack of black pepper.
A salad like this works best for an upscale dinner party and you don't want to assemble it until just before you're ready to serve it. Use your fingers and a fork at the same time to eat this.
: Chef Dan Eaton spent his early years on a dairy farm in Vermont where he developed a fondness for foods "straight from the land." Cooking seasonally was more of a necessity then but Dan still finds local ingredients, in season, a driving force behind his menu creations.