Let's Cook: Butternut squash soup
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
Butternut squash soup (makes 8 servings)
• 1 large butternut squash
• 1 cup diced onions
• 2 ounces
• 3 ounces flour
• 2 quarts chicken stock
• 1 cup cream
• Pancetta for garnish
• Sage for garnish
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Split squash in half and remove seeds.
2. Coat squash with olive oil and place on lined sheet tray, cut side down.
3. Roast at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until tender
4. In sauce pot, sweat onions in butter until translucent.
5. Singer with flour to pick up fat and form white roux.
6. Add chicken stock, scrape flesh from squash skin and stir into liquid.
7. Simmer until flavors meld, puree with immersion blender.
8. Temper in cream and adjust seasoning.
9. Serve garnished with crisp pancetta and chiffonade of sage.