To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
SERVES: Makes 1-quart full jar
• 1 quart pickling jar
• 1 1/2 cup white vinegar
• 1/3 cup white sugar
• 1 1/2 tbs kosher salt
• 2 bay leaves
• pinch of red pepper flakes
• 1 1/2 dill seed
• 1 small onion cut into thin slices
• 1 small zucchini cut into 1/8-1/4-inch slices
1. Making the pickling liquid in the jar by adding 1 1/2 cup white vinegar with 1/3 cup white sugar, 1 1/2 Tbs kosher salt, 2 bay leaves, a pinch of red pepper flakes and 1 1/2 tsp dill seed. Put the lid on top and shake it until the sugar and salt have dissolved.
2. Next, peel one small onion and then cut it in half from top to bottom and then cut each half into long thin slices.
3. Then cut the ends off of two small zucchini....to begin with..... and cut each one crosswise into 1/8 - 1/4-inch thick slices.
4. Place the jar into the fridge for a day or so and then they're good to go.
HINTS: Depending on the size of the zucchini you may need to slice all or part of another one and then alternately add the sliced zucchini and sliced onion to the jar....until the jar is completely full.