To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
• 8-10 slices bacon, cooked until almost crisp
• 1-2 large ripe tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced
• approx. 3-4 cups baby arugula
• 1 3/4 pound bag store bought pizza dough
• olive oil for baking tray and top of pizza dough
• 1 large clove garlic, minced
• approx. 1 - 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
• approx. 1/3-1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Crisp up bacon in large pan on stovetop.
2. Roll the pizza dough out into a large rectangle and lay that onto a well oiled baking tray. Add a little more oil to the top of the pizza dough, top that with a large minced clove of garlic and a sprinkling of grated mozzarella cheese and grated parmesan cheese, and then place the tray into the preheated oven.
3. Keep your eye on the bacon and take it out of the pan before it is too crisp because you'll end up chopping it up and baking it a little longer on top of the pizza.
4. After the pizza has been baking along for 10-12 minutes, take it back out of the oven and scatter the thinly sliced tomatoes over the top, scatter the chopped bacon over the top. Add a little more of each of the cheeses, drizzle a little more extra virgin olive oil around the outside edge of the dough and pop it back into the oven.
5. Let it go along with those toppings for another 10 minutes or so, pull it back out of the oven, sprinkle the arugula over the top and place it back into the oven just long enough to wilt the arugula a bit.
HINTS: You can use this same technique with flatbread instead of raw pizza dough. Just add the cheese, bacon and tomatoes all at the same time and then finish briefly with arugula. Toss the arugula with a little olive oil before adding to pizza.