To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
• 4 1/4 cups milk
• 1 cup uncooked medium-grain white rice
• 1/2 cup light brown sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Add 4 cups of milk to a deep, heavy bottomed stainless steel pot and add the uncooked white rice and light brown sugar. Stir that together and bring it up to a simmer.
2. Then turn the heat down, let it gently simmer along and stir it once in a while. It'll take about 20 minutes to cook.
3. Keeping an eye on the pot, use a small mixing bowl to combine the large egg with 1/4 cup milk, vanilla and ground cinnamon and whisk it up.
4. Once the rice is nice and soft to the tooth, ladle about a third to half of the hot rice mixture into the egg mixture, to temper the egg. Whisk it up and add it back to the pot with the rice, stir it in and let it cook along to thicken up the rice and cook the egg. That will only take 2 to 3 minutes, once the egg is added to the rice.
5. Transfer it to a large shallow container and place that into the fridge to cool down. Once it has cooled down, put a nice tight layer of plastic wrap right on the surface of the rice to keep it from drying out.
6. Serve it up cold in individual bowls with diced peaches right on top.