• 2 large eggs
• 1 1/2 cups strawberry jam
• 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 2 sticks unsalted butter
• 3/4 cup light brown sugar
• 1 tbs grated lemon zest
• 1 6-ounce bag sliced almonds
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and it really helps to have a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom for this and it also helps to have a pastry bag for piping a lattice top.
2. Cream 2 sticks of room temperature unsalted butter with 3/4 cup light brown sugar and then add 1 tbs grated lemon zest and 2 large eggs, one at a time, and turn the machine off.
3. You will need to scrape the bowl down to help that come together and you'll also need to use a food processor to finely grind one 6-ounce bag of sliced almonds.
4. Add the ground almonds to a medium size mixing bowl with 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon and a pinch of salt and mix it up.
5. Turn the machine back on to the low setting and slowly add the flour mixture until it is all incorporated.
6. Put a little more than half of the dough into the pastry bag and then spread the rest of the dough into one layer in the lightly buttered tart pan and then add 1 1/2 cups strawberry jam. Next, pipe a ring around the outside edge of the tart and make a crisscross pattern over the center.
7. Place the tart onto a baking tray and onto the center rack of the preheated oven.
8. That will take just about 40 minutes to bake and then let it cool down to room temperature.